Scope of Works
When JNJ were approached by City of Melbourne & Transfield Services to install additional car charging points totaling up to 300 amps (1 phase) within the Royal Lane Carpark, JNJ recommended an audit be conducted on the serviceability and loads on the 2 existing 1MVA supplies feeding both Council House 1 Main Switchboards (MSB’s 1 & 2).
Items identified included:
- Supply 1 had sufficient spare capacity for the prospective charge points however Supply 2 (feeding the Data Centre) was verging on being fully committed
- A new 250 Amp 3 Phase MCCB integrated into MSB1 and feeding a remote dedicated car-charging distribution board would provide an effective & expandable platform for connecting the car-charging services
- Unmetered Tenant Chassis feeding 5 shops in Little Collins St required replacement due to obsolete & non-compliant equipment.
- All Cables into MSB1 had previously been incorrectly installed into the switchboard, creating numerous potential hazards and allowing dust to enter the switchboard components
- Incorrect connections and switching arrangements shown on existing Single Line Diagrams and various labelling & demarcation on both MSB’s obsolete or incorrect.
To shut down power supplies to MSB1 & MSB2 over 2 nights, carry out all repair, servicing & upgrade works and return supplies to a fully functioning and tenanted multilevel city building (8 stories) + 5 tenanted shops.
To provide advice & report on power consumption and distribution requirements
To install Distribution Facility for Car-Charging Systems
To carry out complex internal switchboard modifications
To remove & re-install up to 30 supply & circuit feeds into MSB through new gland plates, ranging from parallel 400mm Substation Feeds down to 25mm Fire Pump Supplies
To provide temporary supply services to various building functions during power outage
To Perform Maintenance on all Fuse Switches (CFS) & all internal connections
To prove & document the supply and circuit arrangements within each MSB
To Thermal Scan All electrical junctions within MSB1 to ensure safe operation
To provide certification and proof of workmanship for all works completed
Identification of switching operation